Monday, May 21, 2012

Depoe Bay Oregon

What 5 week old baby goes on vacation... Crew does.  We were so excited to take Crew on his first plane ride!  My parents went up to Depoe Bay Oregon for a week,  so Jason, Crew, and I flew up on Wed May 9th and stayed until Friday.  It was a really chill and relaxing vacation.  


Crew's first plane ride...

We made sure his pacifier was in his mouth for take off and landing... and he seriously did amazing!! He slept the entire way!!  We flew from St George to Salt Lake and then Salt Lake to Portland.

Once we landed in Portland my parents picked us up and it was a 2 hour car ride to Depoe Bay.  We stayed at a Wyndham resort right on the ocean.  Once we got there we put Crew in a chair to see the ocean...

Too bad Crew was sleeping and didn't really care to see the ocean.

Views from our resort



Views the next morning, it was gorgeous!  A little on the chilly side, but gorgeous!











These are the stairs inside the lighthouse, over 100.  We had to go see the view from the top!

View from the top of the light house.






My vacations are always based on the food... seriously every meal was so yummy.  This was right off the ocean and I had to try some fresh fish and chips!

Then a little stop for some Tillamook Ice Cream... amazing!  Umm Jason is holding my chocolate peanut butter ice cream, his was massive, and yes he put it all away!

 Next stop was a outdoor aquarium.  Jason and the fish having a moment haha!









This creeps me out, you can pet star fish and all sorts of living fish in here...

Again, another food photo.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but this was the best clam chowder I have ever tried!!!  Thanks Jack's for your yummy food!

My parents saw this the day before we got there... LOVE it!!!

Goodbye Oregon, time to fly home!

Crew was such an amazing traveler.  Hopefully he can keep that up!

Once we landed in Salt Lake Friday evening, we drove to Toph and Whitney's new home in West Jordan.  It was so fun to see their new house, new car, and their new dog...(So spoiled right?!)  Toph got up Saturday morning and made a huge breakfast as part of his Mother's Day gift since he wouldn't see Mom on Mother's Day.  He made waffles, hash browns, and bacon.  After breakfast we drove down to Saratoga Springs to watch Kamryn's soccer game.  Leaving the soccer game we passed a new park, Jason insisted we stop to play.  You can see the kid in my husband come out... I love it!


Ya that's Jason on the top!!

Topher playing on the equipment too!

Jason, Topher, and Carson 



Boston... I just love this kid!

Kamryn and my brother Michael

Jason and Toph being silly

I was peer pressured into climbing this thing... I was cursing and swearing the whole way up, but I made it to the top!


Once we made it back to my parent's home in Aurora, my Grandma Carol (My Dad's Mom) came over.  This is her 30th great grandchild.  So precious!



1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures! Looks like a fun trip! Crew the little traveler already!

    ReplyDelete