Monday, May 7, 2012

Crew Kelly Trask


My labor story...
  I thought I was mentally prepared for labor, I had talked to my sister, my sister in laws, parents, friends.  I was so wrong.  My labor story is so not normal though.  

Jason and I went to the hospital during his lunch hour because I was having contractions so we decided to go get checked.  I was dilated to a 4 and 80% thinned.  I thought for sure they were going to send me home.  My Doctor wanted to keep me.  I remember the nurse saying, "You are going to meet your baby today!" I freaked out a little... It was becoming more real.  My whole pregnancy I kept telling my Doctor how I wanted to deliver vaginally, and he was concerned because I was measuring big the whole pregnancy, and how small I was.  I was not  too worried...  My Mom had 6 children all vaginally and she had huge babies!  (I was 8 lbs 3 oz!)  So I just was hoping I was able to have babies easier like her.
I was all for the epidural from the start.  My nurse asked if I wanted my epidural before or after they break my water.  My water was already leaking, but the Doctor had to come finish the job.  I chose before hoping it would mean less pain!  Well two epidurals later, and neither one was working.  Also,  Crew's head was turned sideways and so my nurse had me get on my hands and knees and rock, trying to get Crew to turn his head.  No luck.  My anesthesiologist was giving me blocks of lidocaine trying to numb my pain.  The numbing would last about 40 minutes, and the hospital was not allowed to give me more until the hour mark.  So the last twenty minutes of every hour was brutal.  This went on for 5 hours with just lidocaine.  I was dilated to a 9, but Crew's head was still turned.  My nurse wanted me to try and push anyways, and hope he would come out.  I remember pushing and pushing and then the nurse would say "no change" it was so depressing...  After a total of 14 hours my Doctor ordered a C-Section.  At this point I was relieved, just happy to know the end was in sight.  However my Anesthesiologist was concerned with my epidurals not working, he was afraid I would feel them cut into me.  His concerns were valid... as soon as they started the C-Section I could feel them cut... so they immediately put me under general anesthesia.  It took me about 5 hours to really come off the anesthesia.  I remember trying to wake up and look at Crew.  I was totally bummed that I missed the first everything.  I had hired a friend to take pictures of the birth, and she turned it into a video too, so I so happy to have all that footage.  So these are our hospital pictures...

Friday April 6, 2012 Crew Kelly Trask arrived into this world.  6:51am, 6 lbs 14 oz, 20 1/4 inches long.  He is so perfect!  We are still getting the hang of things being parents, but I can't even imagine our lives without him. 

This is getting hooked up, I was in shock that I was going to be having a baby!!



Jason holding me while I got my first epidural...

This was my nurse holding me for epidural number 2...


This was the nurse who told me they were going to keep me... I loved her!!

Tiffany and Mallory hanging out!

This was after they decided to go C-Section...





This is the first time Jason got to hold Crew... this picture is priceless...



My parents meeting Crew...









Aunt Brittany with Crew...



I was so happy he had a head full of hair...











Jason's sister Heather had her baby girl Evalyn Rose the very next day! So we were in recovery together, just 2 door down from each other!  







Proud new Daddy's


3 comments:

  1. A day you will never forget, so nice to have it recorder to remember always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a little trooper! What an experience! He is perfect though, and I am so happy for your cute little family! I love all the pictures that were captured they are perfect too! It was good seeing you guys the other day, if you need anything let me know! Congratulations again! Miss seeing you guys at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was precious to re live.. I got a little teary eyed! Love you, and baby Crew! :) you are a trooper!!!

    ReplyDelete