Sunday, November 10, 2013

Time Out For Women

My Mother In Law Linda, invited all of her daughters and I to go with her to "Time Out For Women"  I seriously had no idea what to expect.  Linda had attended it once before and she really enjoyed it.  So we were all going off her recommendation.  It was from Friday night for a few hours, and all day Saturday.  It was held at the Dixie Convention Center.  Friday was so busy, and my parents and my sister were all coming to town, and so part of me didn't want to go Friday so that I could hang with my family, but I am SO glad I went.  It was so good.  Friday night might have been my favorite part.  Michael McClean performed, and he is one of my all time favorite performers.  John Bytheway and Virginia Pearce spoke.  It just got us all excited for Saturday's session.  It ended up just Linda, Brittany and I.  With my sister in town, I found her a ticket for just Saturday so she could join us.  I am so glad she was able to come with.  She needed that just as much as I did.  I wish she lived in the same town so I could see her more.


Saturday started at 9am but doors open at 8:15am, so we wanted to leave our house at 8:15 to get a good seat, but you know me, ALWAYS running behind, we didn't get there as early as we wanted.  We still scored really good seats up front on the right side.  Saturday Jericho Road was the performers, and they would sing or perform a song, then we would have a speaker.  The opening speaker was a guy from Salt Lake City named Chris Williams who had lost his pregnant wife and two children due to a drunk driver.  Everyone was in tears from the get go.  His talk was on forgiveness, and it really touched me.  I can't even imagine what he went through.  I wish I knew the rest of the names of the speakers.  There was 3,000 women in the auditorium and we were there until 4pm, with a 90 min lunch break.  So you would think it would get boring, but time went by really fast.  It just really makes you feel rejuvenated.  I'm grateful my Mother in Law invited me, and I hope to make it a tradition.

Left to Right:
Amber & Jill Bridges, (Really good friends in our ward), Brittany, Linda, Carolyn, and myself.  We went to Costa Vida for our lunch break.  My favorite part was Brittany saying she was so full, she was so sick, but she couldn't stop eating!  It was hilarious.

After lunch Jericho Road performed their own little mix of boy band songs... Like Boys 2 Men, Backstreet boys and etc.  

Girls running and screaming up to the stage...

After it was all said and done, posing for one more picture.  My Sis and I.

My amazing In-Law's.  Brittany and Linda.

So at the back of the Auditorium they have tons of little booths to shop, you know women and how we like to shop.  This one booth was by Heritage Makers.  I went there on every break.  Being the impulse buyer that I am, I enrolled in their monthly membership that I still don't really understand.  You get points and then you can make/buy awesome pictures like this one below.  Obviously you put your own kids pictures in them to personalize them.  When I saw this picture I was sold.  I want this in my house.

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about"


Thanks again Linda for inviting me.  Much needed Mommy, but spiritual, break.


No comments:

Post a Comment