Monday, December 19, 2011

Favorite Time of Year


One of my favorite things about Christmas time is going to Michael McLean's Forgotten Carols.  Last Friday my Sister and her hubby came up from Las Vegas to go to dinner and the Forgotten Carols with Jason and I.  I go almost every year, but it never gets old.  The spirit there is so strong and so amazing.  My favorite song this year was "Let Him In"  It's a song about letting Christ into our daily lives.  I couldn't help but think of the picture of Jesus standing at the door and knocking.  All we have to do is open the door to let him in.



And whether it be
In your world today,
Or a crowded Bethlehem Inn,
Find a way,
Make Him Room,
Let Him In



This is one of my New Year's resolutions to try and do better about finding a way to let Him in.


The next morning Jason and I woke up and took a short 40 minute plane ride to Salt Lake City to hang out with my family for the day, do some Christmas shopping and see the lights at Temple Square.  This was our first time seeing Michael since he got home from Iraq.  We met Michael and Becky and their kids, Topher and Whitney, and JJ for lunch at the Village Baker.  Then we braved the South Towne Mall... it was out of control!! We went to Forever 21 because I love their maternity section, where I scored and got me a pair of fat pants on sale!!  We then went to Babies R Us looking for baby bedding.... not successful.  Earlier in the day we spotted a DI on our way to lunch, (Jason loves to DI shop, he is such a bargain shopper and he is starting to wear off on me haha!) so we decided to go back to the DI just to check out the little boy clothes since we were up in SLC... so we went and we totally scored!! We got $50 worth of baby boy clothing.  We got Kenneth Cole, Baby Gap, Hurley, Nike and more!!  We just need to wash them a few times and we are good to go!!  I am getting so excited to set up the little peanut's nursery.  
After we shopped we drove to Saratoga to Michael and Becky's new home and I gave Michael, Topher, and JJ a haircut and we just visited with the family!  Before we knew it it was time for Jason and I to leave for the airport.  The day went by so fast!!  Jason felt so bad that I didn't get to see the lights, which really wasn't a big deal.  There is always next year!  On the way to the airport he did a quick drive by!! The picture I took didn't turn out so I stole one!! The lights at Temple Square are just gorgeous.  It was such a fun fast trip though.  I am really looking forward to Christmas where I can spend more time with the family!



No comments:

Post a Comment