Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hong Kong


 We are pretty spoiled with Jason's job at SkyWest.  Jason really wanted to go to Hong Kong and do a quick weekend trip to do some Christmas shopping!  We flew out Thursday morning and had the scariest plane rides of our lives!  It was so windy.  We were trying to land in SLC and we were about 200 feet from landing and they pulled us back up and we went through so much wind!  We were literally catching air in our seats!  We were on the back row of the plane and the bathroom door goes flying open, everyone is screaming, people throwing up, I was balling!  Jason is trying to calm me down... good times.  The pilot then announces we will try to land one more time... I thought for sure we were going to die haha!  Well needless to say we didn't die and we did land okay that time!  So here is the pics from our fast 36 hour trip to Hong Kong!!

 The Coke was so much better over there!! It's made with real sugar or something.... I savored every sip!!

 Flying First Class is half of the fun... it's like an all-inclusive resort in air!!  We had a 15 hour flight over there so I had to take pictures of all our food.  The food is half the vacation for me!!  This was our appetizer.  It was a crab salad with avocado and cantaloupe. (I had to steal their menu so I could post what it was).  It also had a cream of vegetable soup that part was yummy!

 Mixed Green Salad
 I ordered the seared beef tenderloin with Bearnaise sauce, rice & broccoli.

 Jason ordered the same meal as me, but they ran out so he got the roasted chicken breast with artichokes and red peppers. (Mine was totally better haha)

 You could choose between an Ice Cream Sundae or Creme Brulee Cheesecake... we both chose the Ice Cream Sundaes.... we were so full already but I had to eat it... it was free!!

 Jason was like a little kid in a candy store!! This was our first time on a 777 in a "pod"... it was a blast!!

 I just had to giggle because I could lay all the way down!!  I just kept thinking I want my parents to experience this!!  Heck I want all my family to experience this!

 Jason calls this my "poser" shot!  I watched 2 movies and then took half a Unisom(sleeping pill) so I could sleep on the plane!  Jason is so lucky, he can be asleep before take-off!

 One of Jason's co-workers came with us, Sydnee McArthur.  She is hilarious so it was a lot of fun!  We slept 2 nights in a hostile because hotels were so so expensive!  Well... you get what you pay for that's for sure!! It was ghetto!  I don't want my hubby getting used to the idea of me staying in a hostile haha!

 I had to post some pictures so you could understand the ghetto-ness!  The shower & sink were in the same stall!
 And this is how wide the bathroom is... Oh and don't judge me! I just woke up.. and yes I did sleep in my clothes... I was too tired to change haha!
 However they did have McDonald's on almost every block so that made me happy!! Breakfast of champs right here!! Pretty sad when McDonald's makes you feel safe!

 Hong Kong








 This was called the "Ladies Market" this was the main reason we went there...to shop!  This stuff is all knock off crap for cheap!  I wanted to find little boy true religion jeans... we didn't find any but we did find a lot of fun cheap stuff!!

 We bought a "one day visitor pass" on the Metro system!  Crazy fun.  We seriously went all over Hong Kong thanks to the Metros.  This is walking down to get on the metro.
 This shows how many people are everywhere there!  There was like a million kabillion people everywhere!!!

 Me and Sydnee laughing because it's like finding Where's Waldo on the metro!!

 I had "Priority Seating" but yet I still stood the whole time... so wrong!!


The elevators were tiny... look at this... max 7 people! Us three could fit and our luggage and that was it!

 This was the door to our hostile... Ya it felt like a jail cell!

 We ate some authentic Hong Kong food... it was pretty good actually.  I just nearly starved to death because I couldn't use my chop sticks!!  

 We went to a night time market... It's so fun because all you do is barter for whatever you want!  It's like Mexico in China!!

This was our plane ride home... I love traveling, and we are so blessed to be able to travel so easy.  However every vacation I can't wait just to get home!! I love America, more importantly I love St George Utah!!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Jason I said never again will his pregnant wife sleep in a hostile! :)
    You look gorgeous! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete